Removal of Coarse Reflection Badrinath G. S. et al sec.3.3
New = RemoveCoarseReflection(Old, BlockSize)
- Old: Original image
- BlockSize: Size of the square block to calculate its mean
- Image is divided into square sub-blocks, each of sizeBlockSize×BlockSize.
- Mean for each sub-block is calculated to estimate the reflection of the image. It’s places into new smaller buffer (its size = number of vertical blocks×number of hor. Blocks)
- Estimated coarse reflection is calculated by expanding the smaller buffer to the original image size again usingbi-cubic interpolation.
- Uniform brightness image is obtained by subtracting estimated coarse reflection from the original image.
- Postprocessing: Normalization
Palmprint based Verification System Robust to Occlusion using Low-order Zernike Moments of Sub-images